LAKEWOOD, Wash. - Update: Lakewood police said 78-year-old James Westenhaver was found in Thurston County.
He was taken back to Saint Clare Hospital to be checked out.
Original story: Lakewood police are asking for help in finding a 78-year-old missing man who may struggle with dementia.
Police said James Westenhaver, 78, walked away from Saint Clare Hospital at about 3:38 p.m. Saturday.
Westenhaver is described as white, 6 feet, 1 inch tall and weighing 240 pounds. He was last seen wearing a navy-blue sweater and tan hospital pants.
Westenhaver normally uses a walker to get around, police said.
Anyone who sees Westenhaver is asked to call 911.
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle teen: United Airlines 'negligent' for in-flight sexual assault
- Man who lived alone with rats awarded $8 million
- Supporters of 51st state hold bake sale to raise money
- Georgia mailman ‘Mr. Floyd' is delivering smiles around the world
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.