Lacey police are asking the public to help identify a man who they say threw hot coffee at a McDonald's manager Friday morning.
The incident happened at about 5:45 a.m. in the 500 Sleater Kinney Road Southeast.
Investigators said a man walked into the restaurant and ordered a cup of coffee but was upset over the price, which was $0.97.
After he received his coffee, he poured it into his to-go mug and then demanded a refill from the manager.
Investigators said the manager asked the man to leave after he got verbally abusive about the price of the coffee.
The man then got upset and threw the cup of hot coffee into the manager's face and fled.
Police said the manager had burns on her neck.
More news from KIRO 7
- Woman says her Amazon device recorded private conversation, sent it out to random contact
- Teacher credited with stopping shooter at Noblesville West Middle School in Indiana
- Police: Teen missing out of Bonney Lake is with sex offender
- John Reed claims self-defense: "I just did it as fast as I could"
- Woman arrested after bragging on police Facebook page about getting away with crime
© 2018 Cox Media Group.