LACEY, Wash. - A construction worker is recovering after being hit Wednesday afternoon on Yelm Highway.
Lacey police said it happened at 2:09 p.m. at 4500 Yelm Highway Southeast in a construction zone.
Police said the 40-year-old worker was hit by a 70-year-old driver going about 35 mph. The man suffered a broken bone and head laceration and was taken to a nearby hospital.
According to police, the worker might have stepped out in front of the car.
The driver was not cited and might not have done anything wrong, authorities said.
The crash is under investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- Human remains found in woods near Black Diamond construction site
- New video calls into question final moments before man was killed by police in Aberdeen
- Health officials: First case of vaping-related illness confirmed in Washington state
- Mom says kindergartner dropped alone near Aurora Ave should have gone to after-school program
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.