Police determined that no child abduction occurred near a school in Lakewood on Monday evening.
Lakewood police tweeted early Tuesday that there was no abduction and no missing child.
Before 6 p.m., Lakewood police received a 911 call about a possible abduction or suspicious activity in the 7800 block of 83rd Avenue Southwest near Oakbrook Elementary School.
A 13-year-old girl told police she was at school waiting for her ride when she saw a motor home vehicle stop, and saw someone grab a boy from the street.
She told police the boy was screaming while being pulled into the vehicle, and the vehicle was last seen going southbound on Onyx Drive Southwest. The witness said the boy looked to be about 10 years old, 5 feet tall, with a thin build and wearing a blue or green shirt.
Officers obtained surveillance from a local business that appeared to get a possible suspect vehicle on camera. When officers showed the witness a picture of the vehicle, she confirmed it was the one that grabbed the boy.
Before 9:30 p.m., officers located the vehicle on Joint Base Lewis-McChord and spoke with the owners.
More news from KIRO 7
- Police: Armed pastor took down shooter at Washington state Walmart
- Renton police officer arrested in Des Moines
- Suspect in murder of beloved Lakewood barbershop owner pleads not guilty
- Car crashes into LA Fitness, ends up in pool
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.