PIERCE COUNTY, Wash. - An investigation is underway after a vehicle struck a pedestrian and kept going in Tacoma.
The incident happened at about 4:30 p.m. Friday.
Officials said a woman was crossing the street at South 72nd Street when she was hit.
The woman suffered a significant injury and was taken to a nearby hospital, police said.
Northbound Pacific Avenue from South 72nd Street to South 69th Street was closed while police investigated.
Police said they are looking for a 1992 green Honda Accord coupe with damage to the driver's side windshield.
The driver is described as a man in his 20s who was wearing a black shirt.
Anyone with information about the hit-and-run is asked to call 253-830-6515 or 253-830-6565.
More news from KIRO 7
- Treasure hunter finds memory card from GoPro containing man's last moments; returns to parents
- Peter Fonda, best known for 'Easy Rider,' dead at 79
- Warrant issued for three-strikes offender released on clemency
- JBLM soldier sues USA for Anthrax vaccine reaction
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.