TACOMA, Wash. - A pedestrian was killed in a two-car hit-and-run Friday night in Tacoma, according to the Tacoma Police Department.
The accident occurred at 8:49 p.m. at South Hosmer Street and South 90th Street. A man, later identified as 68-year-old Michael Demorest, was crossing the street at an intersection with no crosswalk.
Demorest was hit by a white sedan and then hit a second time by a white SUV. Both vehicles, which were going in the same direction, drove away after striking the man.
Demorest was pronounced dead at the scene. Police are investigating and are looking for the drivers who fled the scene.
Anyone with information on the hit-and-run is asked to call 911.
More news from KIRO 7
- Police: Man suspected in South Hill shooting in custody; brought in by his father
- Baby deer found dead on Mercer Island porch after high-powered pellet shooting
- West Seattle woman fights to keep purse
- Ludi's Diner, a downtown Seattle staple since the 1930s, now closed for good
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.