PIERCE COUNTY, Wash. - A woman died from her injuries after she was struck by a truck near Kapowsin in Pierce County.
It happened on SR 161 near 317th Street East at 9:30 p.m. Monday.
A Ford truck was heading southbound as a woman was walking in the same direction close to the highway's fog line. Police say the truck's passenger-side mirror hit the woman, who then fell onto the road's shoulder.
The driver, an Eatonville man, called police.
Medics took the woman to Tacoma General, where she was pronounced dead.
No charges are expected to be filed against the driver, a police report said.
More news from KIRO 7
- ‘Mommy, don't!': Graphic audio, video show killing of woman who stabbed son 25 times
- Underwater mysteries in Lake Washington
- Thousands to celebrate at Sounders victory parade Tuesday
- Seahawks knock 49ers from unbeaten ranks with 27-24 OT win
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.