TACOMA, Wash. - Construction crews will begin installing a new traffic signal in August near Naches Creek Elementary, according to a press release from Pierce County.
The new signal is located at the intersection of 38th Avenue East and 152nd Street East. Construction begins Aug. 16.
The project includes adding curbs, gutters, sidewalks and electrical systems for the new signal, as well as increasing the size of the intersection to accommodate larger vehicles. The intersection will also be repaved.
Drivers should expect delays in the area between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, as the intersection may be reduced to one lane.
Work will be suspended from mid-October to April 2020 while the traffic signal poles are being made, and then will resume so crews can install the poles, lights and make the final pavement markings.
The new traffic signal should take effect sometime in May of 2020.
More news from KIRO 7
- BREAKING: 2 dead, 3 others injured in Tacoma shooting
- Intoxicated and barefoot, off-duty Renton officer accused of assaulting woman
- Police: Armed pastor took down shooter at Washington state Walmart
- Police: Woman attacked with pitchfork in Ballard by man released from jail 4 days earlier
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.