ROCHESTER, Wash. — Thurston County deputies are investigating a fatal officer-involved shooting that occurred Tuesday night in Rochester.
The shooting happened at the parking lot of the Lucky Eagle Casino before 8 p.m.
Scroll down to continue reading
- Family has to pay to get their dog back from Humane Society
- Man snaps haunting photo at 'The Shining' hotel
- Frustration in Bonney Lake over 'staggering' water bills
- 13-year-old charged with murder in Everett shooting of teen, 14
- Doctor charged with sex crimes at Bremerton clinic at center of women's lawsuit
Deputies were initially called to the scene for a welfare check. A family member told them the man was acting erratically and had a pistol.
Investigators say the man approached a deputy and refused to drop the weapon, so the deputy opened fire.
The man was airlifted to St. Peters Hospital in Olympia, where he was pronounced dead.
No deputies were injured.
© 2020 Cox Media Group