• Man critically injured in Spanaway mobile home fire dies

    Updated:

    SPANAWAY, Wash. - A man who was critically hurt in a fire in a single-wide mobile home in Spanaway Tuesday morning has died at the hospital.

    Crews were called to the 7500 block of 192nd Street East after a driver spotted the fire at about 7:30 a.m. and called 911, according to Graham Fire & Rescue.

     

    Responding firefighters searched the home and found a senior-aged man on the floor.  He was transported to the hospital in critical condition, where he later died from his injuries.

    Neighbors told firefighters they thought there were more people in the home, but no one else was found.

    Fire investigators say the man had space heaters throughout the home and the fire was caused by faulty electrical cords.


    Trending headlines


    DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP

    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Man critically injured in Spanaway mobile home fire dies

  • Headline Goes Here

    Today is History: Tacoma Dome opens its doors in 1983

  • Headline Goes Here

    Jury: Boat dealer condoned sexually hostile work environment

  • Headline Goes Here

    A Lakewood teen shoved a girl out of a moving car, and had a gun at…

  • Headline Goes Here

    Woman killed by speeding driver in Tacoma is identified