LAKEWOOD, Wash. - A Sunday afternoon fire at a Lakewood apartment complex displaced four families, according to West Pierce Fire & Rescue.
The fire happened early in the afternoon at the Arbor Pointe Apartments, 11432 105th Ave. SW, West Pierce Fire Battalion Chief Scott Adams said.
The fire is believed to have started outside one of the units and made its way into the apartment, Adams said. Fire investigators are working to determine the cause of the blaze, which damaged three units.
One resident was home at the time and was able to make it outside safely, as were several pets. No one was injured.
More news from KIRO 7
- California couple tortured, burned Vietnam veteran as children watched, police say
- Child, adult struck by car in Renton; 1 victim critically injured
- Victim knocked unconscious after offering to pay for man's beer, police say
- Teacher suspended for making pancakes for students during state tests
- Robert Baker, brother of former UW star Budda Baker, dies in Seattle shooting