A man is dead after being stabbed Thursday afternoon at the intersection of South 10th and South L streets.
Tacoma police said a person called about 1 p.m. to report a man had been stabbed and needed medical aid.
When officers arrived, they called for medics to treat a 39-year-old man who had suffered a puncture wound, authorities said. The man was taken to St. Joseph Medical Center, where he died from his injuries.
Detectives called to the scene interviewed several witnesses.
Police did not give any information on a suspect or suspects.
The victim's identity will be released by the Pierce County Medical Examiner's Office.
Police are asking anyone who saw the stabbing or has information about the incident to call 911.
More news from KIRO 7
- Missing hiker's body found in mountain glacier 3 years after he went missing
- Sound Transit under fire for student fare enforcement on first day of school
- Proponents of new state hold meeting in Moses Lake
- Police investigate stabbing in West Seattle
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.