SUMNER, Wash. - A driver in a stolen truck led Orting Police and Pierce County deputies on a high-speed chase that ended with the truck crashing on the track at Sumner Middle School on Saturday morning.
Orting Police noticed the stolen pickup slide through a red light at the intersection of Washington and Calistoga avenues in Orting, the department said via Twitter.
Police and deputies from the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department chased the truck to Sumner where it crashed through a fence and came to a stop on the Sumner Middle School track.
The driver was taken to a hospital to be evaluated for a potential injury, Orting Police tweeted. He was arrested for eluding police and possessing a stolen vehicle.
No officers were injured and no patrol cars were damaged during the incident.
Click here to read the article on the Tacoma News Tribune.
More news from KIRO 7
- Real-time weather updates: Snow falls in Seattle, Western Washington
- Police confirm no shots fired at Southcenter mall, shoppers exit in panic
- What bed bugs leave behind that can make you sick, even after they’re exterminated
- Delta passenger caught on video complaining about baby has been suspended
- Study: Common household chore just as damaging as smoking 20 cigarettes a day
Tacoma News Tribune