SOUTH HILL, Wash. - A natural gas leak Thursday afternoon closed Sunrise Boulevard at 122nd Avenue East in South Hill.
Central Pierce fire crews, along with Puget Sound Energy crews, were called to the scene just before 3 p.m.
Sunrise was closed in both directions at 118th East and West. People working in the immediate work site area of the leak were evacuated, officials said, but there were no other evacuations.
Officials said one eastbound lane and the two westbound lanes of Sunrise Boulevard were reopened after 4:30 p.m.
Crews with Puget Sound Energy are expected to make repairs into the evening, officials said.
Officials did not say what caused the leak.
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle explores alternate uses for four publicly owned golf courses
- UPDATE: Four climbers rescued from Mt. Rainier
- SUV smashes into Seattle's oldest restaurant; driver takes off running
- Eaglets rescued near Sequim returned to nest by zip line
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.