A driver was taken into custody after troopers say the driver the scene of a crash in Lakewood on Thursday.
Troopers said a citizen had flagged down a trooper to report an extremely erratic driver.
When the vehicle was located, troopers tried to stop the driver but the driver fled, struck another vehicle and ran on foot in the area of Gravelly Lake Drive and Nyanza Road.
A K-9 with the Pierce County Sheriff's Department helped locate the driver, who was taken into custody on suspicion of driving under the influence.
The driver in the other vehicle was taken to the hospital as a precautionary.
More news from KIRO 7
- An attack on a bus in Puyallup could land one man in prison for life
- Seattle father arrested for locking 5-year-old son in "Wooden Box"
- Initiative 976 poised to head to November ballot. Opponents concerned voters won't know full impact
- Ricin scare at Olympia hospital
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.