TACOMA, Wash. - A driver of a Cadillac was arrested for investigation of DUI after colliding with a dump truck on southbound State Route 167 Thursday morning, Washington State Patrol Trooper Johnna Batiste said.
The crashed happened just north of Pioneer Way East after 7:30 a.m. in Tacoma.
Troopers said witnesses told them the Cadillac slammed into the back of the dump truck while it was stopped at the light.
One person was injured in the crash.
Troopers shut down the southbound lanes and rerouted traffic for a couple of hours.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- Grieving orca mom still swimming with her dead calf in Northwest
- Traffic backs up for miles on NB I-5 in North Seattle
- Amazon hiring more than 200 work-from-home positions
- Police: 5-year-old girl reportedly touched by stranger in restroom at Edmonds park
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2018 Cox Media Group.