OLYMPIA, Wash. - A man was taken into custody Tuesday night after a car was damaged in Olympia, police said.
At about 11:30 p.m., police said a witness reported hearing a loud banging noise and saw a man using a metal utility cover to hit a parked car in the 200 block of 4th Avenue West.
The man left the scene after the witness yelled at him. He then called 911.
When officers arrived at the scene, they found the man about a block away. He was taken into custody for the damage to the car.
Investigators said while officers were at the scene, they received reports from two businesses that were damaged.
A front window at Taqueria La Esquinita was broken and a front glass door at Three Magnets Brewing Company was damaged. Employees at the businesses said they didn't see anyone after the damage was done.
Police are investigating whether the damages to the businesses and the car are connected.
More news from KIRO 7
- Washington General Election Results – As we get them
- $30 car tabs ahead after early statewide numbers
- Dog missing in the Cascades found after 28 days
- Stubborn fire destroys Tacoma restaurant
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.