JEFFERSON COUNTY, Wash. - The U.S. Coast Guard Seattle is at the scene of a 65-foot boat taking on water near the Hood Canal Bridge.
Eight people were onboard and safely made it to shore in a dinghy.
Officials said the boat is expected to sink in 80 feet of water. There are 300 gallons of diesel and 12 gallons of oil onboard.
The Coast Guard is monitoring the situation.
Chopper 7 flew over the scene. See the video below.
More news from KIRO 7
- Amanda Knox asking for donations to pay for space-themed wedding following trip to Italy
- Canada killings: Missing men now suspects in deaths of at least 3 people
- ‘Shots fired during burglary of South Hill Mall, police say
- Homeless Seattle man accused of stabbing stranger with steak knife
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.