CLARK COUNTY, Wash. - Two people are dead after the motorcycle they were on struck a trailer on State Route 503 about 4 p.m. Sunday.
Washington State Patrol said a 71-year-old man and his 68-year-old passenger were turning left onto northbound SR 503 from Northeast 269th Street but failed to yield the right of way to a pickup truck driver with a trailer traveling southbound on SR 503.
The driver of the truck tried to avoid the motorcycle by moving into the northbound lane but the motorcycle ended up striking the left rear of the trailer, troopers said.
Troopers said the impact caused both people on the motorcycle to be ejected and killed.
The 45-year-old driver of the truck and his 18-year-old passenger had seat belts on and were not injured, officials said.
Drugs and alcohol were not involved in the crash, officials said.
Officials said no charges are being filed against the truck driver.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- 7-year-old reported missing in North Cascades National Park
- Man who lived alone with rats awarded $8 million
- Seattle teen: United Airlines 'negligent' for in-flight sexual assault
- Tacoma faces two legal challenges over new business model for Click
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.