EVERETT, Wash. — A month-long investigation into a coffee stand fire that critically injured a 26-year-old mother has determined that the incident was accidental.
Investigators with Everett Fire completed their investigation Thursday. The incident occurred on Jan. 7.
According to a witness report, the stand burst into flames while the woman was refilling propane cylinders that fueled a small space heater used inside the stand.
Investigators say that the witness warned the Courtney Campbell, a mother of two, that the smell of gas was dangerous. The witness advised that Campbell should exit the stand immediately.
The propane vapors occurred immediately before the flash that caused the fire, investigators say.
The victim escaped the stand through a window several seconds after the flash.
Campbell was pronounced dead on Jan. 11.
- Courtney Campbell is a mother of two
- Investigators have determined that the cause of the fire was accidental
- Campbell died in Harborview Medical Center on Jan 11.
- Friend says she was working to own the stand
- Witnesses say the advised Campbell to exit the stand
Firefighters quickly extinguished the large fire that gutted the stand on Jan. 7, but Campbell, was badly burned.
© 2020 Cox Media Group