LAKE STEVENS, Wash. - An 8-year-old was taken to Providence Hospital in Everett after being injured Wednesday by fireworks, a Snohomish County Fire and Rescue official said.
Two kids were reportedly playing with fireworks at Willard Wyatt Park in Lake Stevens, officials said.
Officials said crews received a call about 5:15 p.m., and the boys told medics they weren’t holding the fireworks but were near one. The boys told medics the firework was more of a mortar they were playing with.
The boy who was taken to the hospital suffered an injuries to his face and hands, officials said.
No adults were reportedly around at the time the firework was set off.
Officials are reminding people that fireworks are dangerous and they should be careful and cautious when using them.
More news from KIRO 7
- Search underway for shoplifting suspect after pursuit, crash
- 1 dead, 5 more infected by mold at Seattle Children's Hospital
- Seattle-area parents sue gun makers for daughter's death at Las Vegas concert
- Here's how to avoid the I-5 traffic mess after the Thurston County oil spill
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.