BELLINGHAM, Wash. - A Western Washington University student was arrested in the rape of another student who lived in the same residence hall, according to WWU police.
The female student, who’s a resident of Highland Hall, notified police on Tuesday that she had been raped by a male WWU student, also a resident of Highland Hall, at about 10 p.m. on October 31 at the residence hall.
University police started an investigation into the report and the male student was taken into custody by officers at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
He was booked into the Whatcom County Jail for investigation of second-degree rape.
The suspect has been evicted from Highland Hall.
More news from KIRO 7
- Washington gun initiative passes
- Jurors convict dad in under an hour in baby's diaper rash death
- Fierce two-alarm fire burns Kent feed business
- Law firm considering class-action lawsuit against Seattle City Light
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.