A trooper was injured Monday night after his patrol vehicle was struck by another vehichle on Interstate 5 in Everett.
Investigators said the trooper was conducting a traffic stop on the right shoulder lane just south of 41st Street when another driver drifted over and struck the trooper's vehicle.
The trooper was taken to a hospital. His condition is unknown.
Investigators said the driver who allegedly hit the trooper's patrol vehicle was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence.
The crash blocked two right lanes.
More news from KIRO 7
- Man found dead in Fife parking lot
- WATCH: Seahawks' Russell Wilson surprises Mom with new house on Mother's Day
- King and Pierce County Health Departments warning of possible measles exposure
- ‘Unprecedented' wildfire season has begun, record state, federal funding being put to use
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.