JEFFERSON COUNTY, Wash. - A toddler was airlifted from Chimacum to Harborview Medical Center in serious condition after being run over by his father Sunday, the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office said.
The 2-year-old was hit in his grandmother’s driveway by the front tire of a full-size pickup truck, law enforcement said.
The Sheriff’s Office said the incident was an accident, and no criminal charges are being referred by the office.
The child is in stable condition and talking and has a right hip fracture, a clavicle fracture, and a buildup of fluid in the chest. He has been moved from the emergency room into the pediatrics unit at the hospital, KIRO 7 was told by the Sheriff’s Office.
More news from KIRO 7
- Republicans criticize spill of dam water to help salmon
- On this day: 17-year-old Walter Dubac becomes youngest to be executed in state history
- Suspect arrested following hostage situation at Kirkland gas station
- Starbucks CEO to apologize in person after controversial video shows arrest of 2 black men in store
- ‘Tell my mom that I love her if I die,' teen pleads as van seat fatally crushes him
© 2018 Cox Media Group.