In the Snohomish County Sheriff's race, incumbent Ty Trenary is trailing challenger Sgt. Adam Fortney.
In early returns, Fortney led Trenary with 56.4 percent. There were 72,050 votes counted Tuesday night.
Sgt. Adam Fortney built his campaign around what he calls the sheriff office's "catch and release" program, in which some misdemeanor suspects have been turned away from the jail for medical reasons, the Herald of Everett reported.
More news from KIRO 7
- Forgotten Tacoma diary reveals shameful past. ‘This is one terrible town at present'
- WATCH: Fife QB Brynna Nixon throws TD in playoff win
- Seattle man dies on his honeymoon; family blames vaping
- Texas Amber Alert: Dad took 2-year-old Jaya Trevino after assaulting estranged wife, deputies say
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.