SONOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. - A Snohomish County sheriff's deputy was taken to the hospital after suffering minor injuries in a struggle with a man deputies tried to take into custody, officials said.
Law enforcement officials said deputies responded to a report of a suspicious man at a business in the 12600 block of 4th Avenue West Sunday evening.
After talking with the man, deputies discovered he had outstanding warrants. He fought with deputies and then fled when they tried to take him into custody, officials said.
Law enforcement officials said deputies called for assistance and caught the man on 128th Street Southwest near I-5. The suspect suffered minor injuries and was taken to the hospital to be checked out before being booked.
Officials did not say if the deputy was injured during the initial scuffle, or at the time the suspect was caught near I-5.
More news from KIRO 7
- Motorcyclist in custody after leading troopers on high-speed chase across five counties
- Edgar Martinez inducted into Baseball Hall of Fame
- Cruise ship headed to Ketchikan makes U-turn to Seattle port
- Investigation underway after officer-involved shooting in Tacoma
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.