EVERETT, Wash. - Everett police are investigating after several people were injured in a crash Monday evening.
At about 7:30 p.m., officers responded to a report of a crash on Broadway Avenue between Everett Avenue and California Street.
Police said six vehicles were involved in the crash.
When officers arrived, they found several people hurt and a vehicle on fire. Police said bystanders helped in putting out the fire until fire crews arrived.
In a news release, police said a dark-colored pickup was seen driving at a high rate of speed before the crash, and open alcohol containers were visible in the pickup truck.
Eight people, ranging from the ages 13 to 55 years old, were taken to Providence Hospital.
Police said the driver of the pickup was in his mid 20s and was later taken to Harborview Medical Center with serious injuries. He was one of four people seriously injured in the crash.
The roadway was closed for about four hours.
Investigators believe that alcohol and speed were factors in the crash.
Police said that when the driver is released from the hospital, detectives anticipate that he will be booked for three counts of vehicular assault.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Anyone who may have information about what led up to the crash is asked to call the Everett Police Department's tip line at 425-257-8450.
More news from KIRO 7
- Parents speak out after daughter plummets from Royal Caribbean cruise ship
- Florida man makes sign after panhandler rejects his job offer
- Robert Mueller testimony: What time, what channel, live updates, livestream
- Winner of largest Washington Lotto jackpot in a decade comes forward
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.