A man under the influence of drugs caused thousands of dollars worth of damage to an Arlington construction site last Friday, according to police.
Police responded to a 911 call in the morning for a report of a suicidal man in the 16800 block of Smokey Point Boulevard. Upon arrival, officers determined that the man was actually under the influence of drugs and causing a disturbance in the area.
There was an outstanding warrant for the man's arrest and he was taken into custody.
Later, police learned the suspect burglarized a construction site in the 4700 block of Airport Boulevard, where he stole a flatbed pickup truck and then two utility trailers from a nearby business.
They also believe the suspect causing thousands of dollars worth of damage to the business from where he stole the trailers from by ramming the stolen pickup truck into the property.
The suspect was booked into Snohomish County Jail for his prior felony warrant and additional charges of malicious mischief, theft of a motor vehicle and possession of burglary tools.
More news from KIRO 7
- Bolt cutters, acid, a blender: California man charged with torture killing of missing 8-year-old son
- Issaquah School District, teen in picture respond to racist photo
- Police investigating suspicious death at Bellevue Park
- Students potentially exposed to hepatitis B, C, HIV school dental clinics
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.