A man was taken into custody after a standoff with police in Everett Friday morning.
Police responded to a report of shots fired in the 6800 block of Rainier Drive at about 3:45 a.m.
Investigators said the man was shooting his shotgun out of his apartment but did not appear to be targeting anyone.
Nearby neighbors were evacuated and no one was believed to be inside the apartment with the man.
A SWAT team helped in the response and the man was taken into custody about 5:30 a.m.
There was damage from shotgun rounds and no one was injured.
The man was evaluated at the scene and will undergo additional medical screening.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Everett Police Department's tip line at 425-257-8450 or Crime Stoppers of Puget Sound at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477)
More news from KIRO 7
- VIDEO: Watch a replay of the Fourth of July fireworks
- Loved ones identify man killed by Poulsbo Police
- 1 dead in double house fire in King County on the Fourth of July
- Man, 2 kids injured by fireworks near the Muckleshoot Reservation
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.