Lynnwood police arrested an armed man early Sunday morning after he reportedly threatened to shoot his girlfriend and took the couple's baby, the department announced.
At 4 a.m. Sunday, a man in his mid-20s armed with a firearm reportedly entered the apartment of his girlfriend and took their about 6-week-old baby, according to police. The man threatened to shoot his girlfriend and another person who was in the apartment. He then physically assaulted his girlfriend, took the baby and left. The girlfriend suffered non-serious injuries.
The woman contacted Lynnwood police at about 6:30 a.m. Lynnwood police along with officers from the Everett Police Department and Snohomish County Sheriff's Office went to the man's house in the 900 block of 66th Place Southeast in Everett, where he was then taken into custody.
The baby was taken to a hospital for evaluation and will be reunited with his mother.
The father is in custody on suspicion of assault in the first degree, domestic violence. Charges involving taking the child are still being investigated.
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle teen: United Airlines 'negligent' for in-flight sexual assault
- Man who lived alone with rats awarded $8 million
- Supporters of 51st state hold bake sale to raise money
- Georgia mailman ‘Mr. Floyd' is delivering smiles around the world
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.