SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. - Whether it was an attempt at a gnarly trick or an accident, Everett police are searching for the driver of a minivan who crashed through the fence of the Walter E. Hall skate park Wednesday night, and fell into the steep concrete skate bowl, crashing sideways on the bottom.
Police say two people were seen running from the scene after crawling out of the wreckage. The van was seen speeding on the park drive, before hitting a curb and crashing through a chain link fence and plunging off the edge of the bowl.
Everett police say as of Friday night, the van—which was totaled by the impact--had not been reported stolen, but they were still trying to contact the owner as of Friday night.
"I think the people in the van probably got hurt, but it was just adrenaline going," said skate park veteran user Lewis Ray. They said ‘oh no,' maybe it was a stolen car and they were like, 'We've got to go!'"
More news from KIRO 7
- Treasure hunter finds memory card from GoPro containing man's last moments; returns to parents
- Peter Fonda, best known for 'Easy Rider,' dead at 79
- Warrant issued for three-strikes offender released on clemency
- JBLM soldier sues USA for Anthrax vaccine reaction
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.