EVERETT, Wash. - Everett police have arrested a man wanted in connection with a murder Friday morning.
It happened at a business in the 1400 block of 80th Street Southwest around 8 a.m. Police said a female employee in her 50s was shot inside and later died at the scene.
Witnesses at the scene told police the suspect had a connection to the woman and it is not considered to be a random shooting.
Officers were looking for the suspect, described as a man in his 60s who fled the scene in a 2005 red Chevrolet Corvette.
He was found shortly after behind a Safeway store in Everett. Police said the man was not cooperative and said officers fired shots before taking him into custody. It is not known if anyone was injured by the shots fired.
Video from the scene showed the suspect being transported from the scene in an ambulance.
#UPDATE: Confirmed this is an officer involved shooting. Look at how many shots have been fired and all those evidence markers on the ground - not necessarily all shells but often indicates it.— Deedee Sun (@DeedeeKIRO7) May 24, 2019
All related to the homicide this AM.
Snoco SMART team is en route. @KIRO7Seattle pic.twitter.com/0v0htK5eax
More news from KIRO 7
- Man, toddler found dead at Maple Valley home
- 13 displaced after fire at Redmond apartment complex
- Police: Pickup driver hit several cars, passed out behind wheel on I-90
- Repeat criminal with violent history charged with two random Seattle attacks
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.