The Mount Vernon police officer who was blinded following a shooting in 2016 is testified before a judge on Friday.
Last week, jurors saw video showing officer Mike McClaughry walking up to the home of Ernesto Rivas.
Within minutes, other officers were seen dragging McClaughry to safety.
According to court papers, Rivas fired from inside the house, where he was holed up with two teenagers.
Police said it was those two teenagers who initially brought officers to the scene.
What followed was a five-hour standoff with police.
Watch McClaughry's full testimony below:
More news from KIRO 7
- Beloved Chopper 7 pilot, photographer Clark Stahl dies at age 72
- JBLM soldier sues USA for Anthrax vaccine reaction
- More LimePod crashes, erratic driving have people calling for improved security
- WATCH: Rolling Stones rock CenturyLink Field in Seattle
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.