SEATTLE - Authorities say a 69-year-old Camano Island man has been sentenced to nine years in prison for paying people in the Philippines to sexually abuse children and sending him images and videos of that abuse.
The U.S. Attorney's Office said Thursday Joseph Grubbs pleaded guilty to receipt of child pornography in June.
Scroll down to continue reading
- Clues few and elusive for motive of Las Vegas gunman
- Tacoma doctor told while to run while he stayed to help shooting victims
- After I-405 blowback, regional planners are stepping back from vision of widespread tolls
- Applebee's offering $1 margaritas every day in October
- One dead in SoDo stabbing
The attorney's office says Grubbs paid to watch live webcasts of minors performing sex acts with other minors and adults.
Court records say Grubbs came to the attention of law enforcement when Yahoo notified the FBI that it was investigating users of its email and messaging service who were sexually exploiting children in the Philippines.
The FBI served a search warrant on Grubbs' home and arrested him in July 2016.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.