EVERETT - Everett police are investigating the death of a pedestrian who was hit by a bus on the 8100 block of Broadway, near Cascade High School.
Police confirm to KIRO 7 that an Everett transit bus hit a man sometime around 10 p.m. Friday.
Rescue units performed CPR, but the man died at the scene.
Traffic detectives said surveillance video from the area appears to show the man exiting a black four-door Sedan, which stopped alongside the road. When the man tried to get back in the car, it drove away and knocked him into the path of the bus.
The man was a passenger in that car.
Police said the car left the scene.
Law enforcement officials said they located the car in Mukilteo and interviewed the driver; they’re investigating why she allegedly stopped alongside the road and then left the scene.
Police told KIRO7 the cause and manner of the man’s death will be determined by the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office.
More news from KIRO 7
- Teen's party causes $20,000 in damage to rental house
- One dead in crash with semi-truck in Federal Way
- Police arrest suspect in killing of Tacoma cab driver
- WA Lottery lists Puget Sound's 'luckiest stores' as Powerball Jackpot rises to $455M
- Some South Sound students punished for participating in school walkout
© 2019 Cox Media Group.