EVERETT, Wash. - Students at Everett Community College were alerted Tuesday after a female student reported an attempted rape, according to campus security.
According to a post by campus security, the woman said that about 5:55 p.m. Monday, an unknown man spoke to her inside Parks Café on campus and then grabbed her buttocks twice.
She told campus security she saw the same man in a gray van around 8:30 p.m. near campus on Tower Street. She said he offered her a ride home and she accepted. The post said that as she got close to home, he attempted to rape her.
The man is described as African-American, 5 feet 10 inches to 5 feet 11 inches tall with very short hair and no facial hair.
Students, faculty members and staffers on campus are being encouraged by security to be aware of their surroundings, report any assaults or suspicious activity, and not accept rides from strangers.
The incident is under investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle judge: City Attorney's office had 'complete disregard for public safety'
- Mom accidentally shot 9-year-old son in car seat while fleeing coyotes
- Seattle business owners fed up with problems stemming from homeless crisis
- Disabled man dies in Bonney Lake fire
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.