EVERSON, Wash. - An 18-year-old woman was hurt in a one-car rollover crash in Whatcom County overnight.
The crash happened in the 1900 block of Nolte Road, a mile west of Everson, at about 11:30 p.m. Friday.
Troopers said a Volkswagen Beetle with two people inside was heading north when its driver lost control on a curve. The car rolled over and came to rest on its top in a field.
The Washington State Patrol said the one passenger in the car, an 18-year-old woman, has significant facial injuries. She was taken to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Bellingham.
Troopers said drugs are believed to be a factor in the crash. The driver, who is a minor, was arrested for investigation of vehicular assault and booked into the Whatcom County Juvenile Detention Center.
The road was closed while police investigated but has since reopened.
More news from KIRO 7
- Cruise ship headed to Ketchikan makes U-turn to Seattle port
- 8-year-old hurt in fall out of second-floor window
- Man arrested in stabbing of 18-year-old in Bonney Lake
- King County purse-snatching suspect charged with new crimes in Pierce County
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.