A woman was arrested in connection with a homicide in Marysville, deputies said.
Detectives responded to a report of a man who accidentally shot himself in the 700 block of 86th Street Northwest about midnight.
Investigators said a 47-year-old man, later identified by the Snohomish County medical examiner as Jason Birge, of Marysville, was shot in the chest and died at the scene.
According to deputies, a woman and two teens were at the home during the time of the incident.
During an investigation, detectives found conflicting reports and determined the death was suspicious.
Detectives arrested the 47-year-old woman and booked her into the Snohomish County Jail on suspicion of second-degree murder.
The medical examiner said the cause of the man's death was a gunshot wound to his abdomen and the manner was homicide.
The investigation is ongoing.
More news from KIRO 7
- Man wakes up in ambulance after getting knocked unconscious by stranger in downtown Seattle
- Emerald Ridge High School teacher made threats to shoot students, deputies say
- Pilot recovering after emergency crash landing in Lake Morton
- School bus driver with children, adult on board arrested for DUI, deputies say
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.