EVERETT, Wash. - A 29-year-old man was taken into custody Wednesday evening after he sped away from deputies and crashed.
Snohomish County sheriff’s deputies said they attempted to stop a minivan for a traffic violation in South Everett, but the driver took off.
Deputies did not pursue the driver, officials said.
Officials said it wasn’t long before the driver lost control and crashed near 128th Street and I-5, hit a fire hydrant and then fled the scene on foot.
The man was caught and arrested.
Deputies said the man had multiple warrants for his arrest, and drugs were found on him.
He was booked into the Snohomish County Jail.
More news from KIRO 7
- Feds: Microsoft worker stole millions in digital currency
- Undocumented immigrant arrested while asking ICE for stay of deportation, his legal team says
- Level III sex offender accused of molesting 9-year-old girl in Kent
- Caught on camera: Lifesaving medicine stolen from heart transplant recipient
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.