SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. - A driver of a stolen car, who led troopers on a brief chase Saturday on Southbound I-5 between North Everett and Marysville, is in custody.
Washington State Patrol troopers said the stolen car was going 86 mph when troopers tried to stop it.
Troopers lost sight of the car and terminated the pursuit, officials said. The driver ended up exiting onto the 41st Street exit from I-5, crashing into another vehicle, which is when he was arrested.
The driver of the other vehicle, a woman between 25 and 30 years old, was taken to a nearby hospital with unknown injuries, officials said. She was alert and conscious.
The driver of the stolen BMW was not injured.
Troopers said the man was arrested on suspicion of felony possession of a stolen vehicle and felony eluding.
He is also being tested for drugs and alcohol.
More news from KIRO 7
- Baby deer found dead on Mercer Island porch after high-powered pellet shooting
- Man charged with hate crime, assault against Burien mayor by state AG
- Police: Man suspected in South Hill shooting in custody; brought in by his father
- West Seattle woman fights to keep purse
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.