MARYSVILLE, Wash. - Officers who were going to speak to a bicyclist who was riding in traffic at night with no lights ended up arresting a felon with a gun, according to Marysville police.
Police said a Marysville officer only wanted to talk to a man on a BMX bicycle who was weaving in and out of traffic, but the rider fled and ditched the bike in the 1800 block of First Street Tuesday night.
The officer found the man's backpack, which contained his state identification as well as a gun, according to Marysville police. Officers then discovered the man was a felon and is not allowed to have a firearm.
K-9 Copper was then called in to track the fleeing man, who was quickly found in a large thicket of blackberries and arrested.
Police said Copper retrieved the suspect's hat and carried it back to their patrol cars.
More news from KIRO 7
- 2-alarm fire burns old Snohomish lumber mill
- 4 moving companies ordered to cease operations for illegally operating without permits
- Amazon teams with victims and police to catch package thieves
- Woman charged with kidnapping car dealer during test drive
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.