SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. - Large bales of recycled paper went up in flames at a recycling warehouse near Paine Field Thursday evening around 6:30 p.m. and prompted a 2-alarm fire response.
South County Fire said no one was reportedly hurt in the fire at Fibres International at 2600 94th Street SW.
50-foot stacks of paper smoldered even after firefighters got the fire under control.
An employee told KIRO 7 he was leaving for the day when he noticed a bale of recycled paper smoldering.
Nearby bales then caught fire, according to the employee, who said he tried to put out the fire before it spread. He said the building has sprinklers.
Firefighters have not yet said what started the fire.
More news from KIRO 7
© 2019 Cox Media Group.