YAKIMA, Wash. - A teenager is dead after an early morning shooting in Yakima.
Yakima police says the 16-year-old was walking to a residence early Sunday with four juveniles when two armed men confronted them.
Police say the men pointed guns at the group and a fight broke out. The 16-year-old was shot several times. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
One of the suspects was also shot. The 19-year-old man is hospitalized in critical condition.
More news from KIRO 7
- Semi carrying human waste crashes, blocks eastbound lanes on I-90 in Issaquah
- Suspect in custody after beating man with baseball bat in Kitsap County, deputies say
- Militia leader arrested at US-Mexico border
- Bainbridge Island fire claims life of retired Hollywood agent
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.