A crew member on the ferry Issaquah was bitten by a bat about 8:30 a.m. Saturday, Washington State Ferries spokesman Ian Sterling said.
Sterling said the female crew member saw something on the car deck that looked like “trash or something.”
When she went to pick it up, the bat bit her, according to Sterling.
The crew member stayed on board the ferry until it was docked, and then she departed to get medical attention.
Sterling said animal control was called to get the bat.
More news from KIRO 7
- Treasure hunter finds memory card from GoPro containing man's last moments; returns to parents
- Disneyland honors free ticket woman won 34 years ago
- Arrests and shields, metal poles seized at Portland protests
- Seventh Kingdom Hall attack doesn't stop Jehovah's Witness convention
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.