FEDERAL WAY, Wash. - Police say a man who was trying to steal another man’s car outside a Federal Way convenience store was shot by the vehicle’s owner Friday morning.
A 12:50 a.m., a Federal Way officer heard gunshots near 21st Ave SW and SW 356th Street.
While investigating, dispatch told the officer there was an attempted car theft at the nearby Circle K.
Responding officers discovered that a man tried to steal a car at the convenience store but was shot by the car’s owner.
The suspect then got out of the car, ran across the street to a waiting vehicle and fled.
The 29-year-old suspect was driven to a Chevron on Hoyt Road Southwest by a woman who then called 911 for an ambulance. Medics responded, and the man was taken to Harborview Medical Center, where’s he’s in stable condition.
The shooting and attempted car theft are under investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- Police: Man breaks into Bellevue PD garage to take back his car
- NRA sues to block new Washington gun-control measure
- Alaska Airlines tickets, with $39 special, now on sale for Paine Field flights
- ‘He's a walking miracle': Video shows hiker's chopper rescue after steep fall on Granite Mountain
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2018 Cox Media Group.