SEATTLE - A 33-year-old woman was arrested in Seattle's Rainier Beach neighborhood Thursday morning after police say she stole a box truck.
Officers said the victim was inside the house when the woman drove off in the truck.
Police responded and began to search the area.
The officers found the truck less than a mile away near Martin Luther King Jr. Way South and South Henderson Street.
Police said the woman was taken into custody and was later booked into the King County Jail for investigation of auto theft.
"Just a friendly reminder, please do not leave vehicles unattended while they are warming up on these cold mornings," a spokesperson for the Police Department wrote in a blotter post.
Auto thief arrested this morning in Rainier Beach, stolen truck recovered. https://t.co/cxn5irk6rZ— Seattle Police Dept. (@SeattlePD) October 10, 2019
More news from KIRO 7
- How an I-405 driver unwittingly slowed down suspect in a 22-mile high-speed police chase
- Western Washington to experience coldest temperatures of fall Thursday morning
- Cautious reaction to a million dollars in bus tickets for homeless people
- Report on what caused 26 power poles to fall in Tukwila cites decay, weather
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.