SEATTLE — Seattle police say a man is dead and his wife is recovering after an apparent attempted murder-suicide in Seattle’s Queen Anne neighborhood Tuesday morning.
A 70-year-old woman called police to the condominium on Fourth Avenue West and West Barrett Street at about 7:30 a.m. to say she was bleeding from her face.
- Pet dies after dog walker's error
- Woman shot, man dead in Queen Anne attempted murder-suicide
- Driver with giant Christmas tree on roof stopped by police
- North Korean defector fears being sent back, has medical problems that stun doctors
- Bone treats send dozens of dogs to vets, FDA issues warning
First responders found her alongside the body of her 70-year-old husband. Both had gunshot wounds.
The woman, who was alert and able to speak to medics, was transported to Harborview Medical Center.
Neighbor Eric Zoeckler told KIRO 7 he knew the retired couple for at least 10 years. He said his wife had talked to them last week and there was no indication that anything was wrong.
"(They) always were super friendly and wonderful, and they seemed to enjoy being retired," said Zoeckler.
Police are investigating.
Cox Media Group