SEATTLE — Seattle police detectives are working on a suspect description after they say a woman was killed Thursday night at a home where there was an illegal marijuana grow operation, officials said.
Officers were dispatched after 11 p.m. to a home in the 7100 block of 44th Ave. South for a report of a woman with a possible gunshot wound.
When Seattle Fire medics arrived along with police, they performed CPR on the woman, but she died at the scene.
Officials said detectives found an illegal marijuana grow and evidence of a possible burglary attempt at the home.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Auburn teacher dies in childbirth - husband now suing hospital
- Charter bus carrying UW band members overturns on I-90 near George
- Indian island police struggle to get body of American
- Jurors convict dad in under an hour in baby's diaper rash death
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
The official cause of the woman’s death will be determined by the medical examiner’s office.
The investigation remains ongoing.
© 2020 Cox Media Group