AUBURN, Wash. — A woman riding a mobility scooter in Auburn was fatally struck by a delivery vehicle whose driver failed to see her.
Medics and police were called to B Street Northwest and 30th Street Northwest at about 10:15 a.m. Wednesday.
Auburn police said the woman was traveling south on the sidewalk on 30th at B St. when the driver of a UPS truck pulled out of a business, failed to see the woman, and ran her over.
The driver remained at the scene to be questioned by officers.
The woman has not been identified.
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle man jailed, accused of killing brother with sword
- Seattle teen remains hospitalized after December attack
- Seattle man brings manhole cover to Pioneer Square store, is arrested by police
- Video released of wanted shoplifting suspect hitting deputy with Lexus during escape
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cox Media Group