CLALLAM COUNTY, Wash. - A woman died Thursday evening after she was pulled from Lake Crescent in Clallam County and was taken to a hospital.
According to an Olympic National Park news release, park dispatch received a 911 call at 6:26 p.m. for a 30-year-old Bellingham woman in need of medical aid.
A friend swimming with the victim reportedly pulled her to shore and performed CPR.
Medics who arrived on the scene took the unconscious woman to Olympic Medical Center where hospital crews tried to resuscitate her, but she was pronounced dead.
The victim was reportedly an experienced swimmer and surfer.
The National Park Service is investigating the woman's cause of death.
More news from KIRO 7
- Treasure hunter finds memory card from GoPro containing man's last moments; returns to parents
- Peter Fonda, best known for 'Easy Rider,' dead at 79
- Warrant issued for three-strikes offender released on clemency
- JBLM soldier sues USA for Anthrax vaccine reaction
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.